Monday, June 20, 2005

Reaffirming Intention

Assalamualaikum wr. wb.

This blog serves as a reminder to myself as I tread the path of a seeker. This post serves as a re-affirmation of my intention. A mirror of my journey to discover the hidden treasure within. Many postings here are extracted from wise seekers and murshids to help me documented important lessons in life.

God has loaned us a limited number of breaths for us to choose how best to use it. It is said that the inhabitant of the hereafter regretted not of what they did but of lost opportunities.

God reminds us in the Quran : "I have created Jinns and Men so that they worship Me (alone) " (Sura 51:56)

Our time on Earth is limited by the number of breaths we are assigned to and for these, God reminds us again in Surah Asr :

By Al-'Asr (the time)
Verily! Man is in loss,
Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds,
and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience.

Believe + Righteous good deeds + Truth + Patience.

No comments: